Cedar Raised Panel
Insulating efficiency is an important consideration to most
homeowners. Our Cedar Raised Panel doors offer many
benefits in that regard. Unlike steel doors which can
conduct heat and cold through the metal even when
insulated, wood doors have a natural insulating value that
can be enhanced by the addition of our optional insulation package. Additionally, wood doors can be easily fitted and weather-stripped in irregular openings, which is nearly impossible with steel doors. This is critical because most heat loss occurs by air infiltration around the perimeter of a door, not through it.
1 - 2
• 1-3/8" thick select grade clear Hemlock stile and rail frame (no finger
• Clear edge glued Western Red Cedar raised panels(mixed grain,
no knots) are treated with wood preservative before assembly
• All joints feature deep mortise and tenon construction, and are glued
and pinned for superior strength
• All rails exceed industry standard: 5" for top and bottom, and 4-1/4"
per pair for intermediates
• High grade Hemlock lumber provides the structural strength to the
frame of the door sections. It is a very light color with a consistent grain.
• Western Red Cedar has a natural resistance to decay, making it an
ideal panel material. Cedar exhibits a wide variation in grain patterns
and color, ranging from almost white to a medium brown. Panels may
consist of several boards joined edge to edge, which improves quality
and stability. Variations in appearance within a panel may be
apparent when transparent stains or finishes are used.
Optional 5/8" thick
foam insulation can
be added behind
panels and covered
with a full 1/4"
plywood backer to
create an overall
A selection of popular door models is shown. Glass, including true divided lite designs, can be substituted for any individual panel or
row. General Doors can work with almost any arrangement to build a door that is custom made to complement your home.
Model 45 Double
Model 65 Double
Model 84 Double